This Recipe is a great Breakfast option or even lunch option with a salad. You can mix up what veggies you put in them and put your own twist on them to keep it interesting.
Clean eating doesn't need to be tasteless and boring.
What's in it?
1 Large Zucchini
1 Med Sweet potato
1 Cup Spinach
1 Cup Almond Meal
1 tsp Baking Pwdr
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp salt
4-5 Rashers of Bacon
Coconut oil spray
Tell me how it's made?
Preheat oven to approx. 150 - 180deg (150 for fan forced ovens)
1. Dice Onion and Bacon
2. Fry Onion and Bacon for approx. 5 min and then set aside to cool**
3. While Bacon is cooking, Grate the Zucchini (Be sure to squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini after grating you could keep it and add it to a smoothie ;) )
4. Grate Sweet Potato and add to Zucchini
5. Added Cup of roughly chopped baby spinach (or any green leafy veg, silverbeet, kale)
6. Add Almond Meal and Baking Powder mix everything together
7. Add Coconut Oil and mix.
8. Lightly whisk eggs with salt, add to all other ingredients and mix
9. Add cooled Bacon and onion Mix
10. Lightly spray a muffin tray (I use a spray coconut oil) I use a silicon muffin tray as the muffins come out of the tray much easier when cooked.
11. Heap Spponfuls into muffin tray
12. Cook in the oven for approx. 20-25min (Cooking times may vary, leave in for a few extra minutes if mix stills seems runny)
13. Leave to cool in muffin tray for 10 min, remove to a cooling rack.
These can be enjoyed warm or cold, for Breakfast Lunch or Dinner.
** If I have run out of bacon I will sometimes make these with some smoked salmon. follow all of the same steps but you won't need to cook the salmon just add it to the mix at the end.